Connor's favorite commercial is the camel hump day commercial. He can repeat the entire commercial and as annoying as I find the commercial to be; Connor reenacting the commercial is actually hysterical because he starts cracking himself up before the punchline. I have never given a thought to Wednesday, hump day or not, in any particular fashion...good, bad, ugly....it was just Wednesday. Until today. Today I hereby re-name Wednesday "Blow Days" in the Boyce Household. It is, in part, my doing. I scheduled it this way with the reasoning that I would rather lump everything into one day and be hectic and crazy than have to run different places for different activities every day of the week.
Our Wednesday timetable now goes something like this:
Leave our house: 2:15
Pick up Connor at school: 3:00
Connor piano lesson: 3:30-3:45
Ballet class: 4:30-5:00 (and yes, it took me 45 minutes to drive from Carthage [where school and piano is] to Watertown [where we have ballet]
Wrestling: 6:00
Now, tonight was a little different because a friend was taking Connor to wrestling for me as a favor. We had to haul heiney back to the house. I pulled in the driveway at 5:30, made the world's fastest quesadilla for Connor and his ride pulled up to the house at 5:33. On a normal night, we will have to go somewhere to eat out because wrestling is only about 20 minutes from ballet. No sense to drive all the way home and certainly not enough time to make dinner if we did get home. This is going to be a weekly juggling act, for sure.
But the excitement for the day was Alaina and her first ballet class. She is a little under the weather from all the temperature changes but she was so excited about ballet, I couldn't say no. Sorry the pics are blurry. Connor wanted to help me take them and we were on the other side of the window so they aren't the best but man, oh man....she did look cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment