Sorry sorry sorry. Keeping up on laundry and chores has been a challenge, let alone keeping up on our blog. Things have been...tough. This winter has been really hard on us and to be honest, it has me in a funk. I was optimistic and enthusiastic for awhile but at 135" of snow into the winter, I am having a hard time with energy now. And to be honest, I have always said I have the hardest time in February. It may be the shortest month of the year, but when you live in the North, it feels like the longest. Even the kids have been having a rough go of it. We went two straight weeks either cancelled from school or on a two-hour delay. The kids are going stir crazy from cabin fever. We try and go out as often as possible to play but we haven't been above freezing yet this year (and most temps are hovering closer to 0) so our outdoor time is limited.
Onto happier things though....we celebrated Alaina's 3rd birthday. Even though Daddy wasn't here, we got to have the next best thing
Ahhh....the power of technology.
Connor also had his first wrestling tournament. He did really well and placed 3rd. I so proud, not of his placement, but he worked so hard and even during the matches where he was beat, he bounced back and didn't let it get him down.
The kids and I went skiing for the first time of the season two weeks ago. Connor is without instructors now so he and I can ski together. Alaina ski's with instructors but with her first lesson, she seems to really like it and had a lot of fun.
Other than these few experiences here and there, not a whole lot is new or going on. I could update daily but it would just look like the weather report that says, "snow, snow and more snow." We are looking forward to a trip down South next week to enjoy some sunshine and warmer weather. We are praying that we can soak up enough Vitamin-D to help us get through the rest of this long, hard winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment