So sorry everyone- Mommy didn't realize that the last time she updated you on everything going on was at Halloween!!! So much has happened since then!
Thanksgiving was great and I got to help Mommy bake a lot of pies. They were super yummy too...since I got to taste test everything in the kitchen. Right after Thanksgiving, we started getting ready for Christmas. Mommy put up all of our decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving and then 2 weeks ago, Mommy and Daddy and I went to go pick out our very first live Christmas tree. The past couple years we had a fake one but when we moved we decided to try a live one and it is beautiful! I helped pick it out and Dakota loves to try and smell it. The next day, we went to go see Santa. Last year I was a little suspicious of him so this year, Mommy told me what Santa would look like and that kids sit on his lap and tell him what they want for Christmas every year. It didn't hurt that he had a candy cane waiting for me :)
Another fun thing I have been doing this year is my Advent calendar. Every night, I open the door and get a special treat. It's usually a Hershey's kiss, but sometimes it's a note or on December 6 it was a picture of St. Nicholas. In honor of St. Nick's Day, when we went shopping, I got to pick out a toy so we can give it to a child in need. I wanted to pick out a toy for a little girl, so Mommy gave me a selection of different Barbies and I picked out a pink ballerina one for a little girl to have this Christmas.
Mimi came into town last weekend and I had so much fun with her! We played a lot and watched some really cool Christmas movies; I even love to watch the Polar Express. Mimi had never seen it either, so we got to watch it for the first time together! Mimi, Mommy and I went shopping and I got to help pick out some Christmas gifts for Daddy and Dakota. I was very upset when Mimi left and kept walking around the house looking for her and asking for her...but Mommy and Daddy promise me that she will be back again when Alaina is born to visit with me.
I would like to say that this past week has been uneventful, but we actually did a lot. I had school on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and then on Thursday night, I went with my friend, Ava to a Christmas party at the Post Commander's house. The lines were really long and it was really cold outside so we stayed for a little bit and decided to come back to our house to play. I have so much fun playing with Ava!! On Saturday, we went to the store to get the last Christmas gifts for my teachers and on the way through the parking lot, I started acting up and ran away from Daddy while there were cars in the parking lot. Daddy reached out to grab my arm so I wouldn't get hurt and when he pulled, I pulled the other way and before we knew it, we were sitting in the emergency room because Mommy and Daddy thought my arm was broken or my shoulder dislocated. Turns out, I was A'OK, but it was scary and I was very tired after all that excitement. This week will be much of the same, school on Tuesday and Wednesday and then we have our Christmas party on Thursday. Mommy says we have more fun things in store to celebrate and get ready for Christmas, so I definitely can't wait to see what we have planned!
On baby girl news, Alaina is doing well and getting big in Mommy's belly. Last week, the doctor told Mommy that Alaina weighed about 3 pounds. We have been busy busy at the house getting things ready for Alaina to arrive and I am even starting to get excited about being a big brother, even though I still tell people we are having a baby boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment