Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas time again

WOW! I had a fantastic Christmas!! We went to church on Christmas Eve and I was so well behaved, sitting politely or coloring the entire service. Well, except for the overly long sermon. Daddy took me out of church to go to the bathroom and run around for a minute since our pastor was kind of long-winded this particular night. Other than that, I had a great night. After we left and got home, I got changed into my Christmas jammies, left some cookies and milk out for Santa and a few carrots for the reindeer and then in family tradition, we read the Night Before Christmas together and it was off to bed for me with sugarplums dancing in my head.

The next morning I woke up and when I walked downstairs, it looked like presents exploded all over our living room!! The tree was lit, there were presents all over the floor and Santa had even eaten some of the cookies and drank the milk!! My big gift this year was a train track and a fire truck. They are a ton of fun to play with. I also got a lot of books, puzzles, and board games that we will start trying out on Friday Family Nights. I got a couple new movies, some clothes, crayons for my dry erase board and a LeapFrog computer. All in all, Mommy and Daddy aren't quite sure I was that good this year, but it was a lot of fun!!! I was bouncing off the walls with energy all day jumping from toy to toy to toy. Mommy and Daddy tell me we had a white Christmas in Georgia, but I was sound asleep when the snow started.

Now, the day before New Year's Eve our whole house is free of Christmas. All the decorations are cleaned up and packed away for next year and all my toys and games have homes. Mommy and Daddy tell me we are getting ready for Alaina to arrive. I have taken a liking to talking to Mommy's belly button so I can tell "baby Yena" that I love her and can't wait to meet her.

No comments:

Post a Comment