As most of you know, Baby Alaina was in the hospital for awhile recently. Mommy kept taking her to the doctor because she couldn't figure out why Alaina was throwing up so much. The doctor first thought she had reflux and gave Mommy medicine for her. At first, we thought the medicine was working but it wasn't and she stopped having wet diapers too. After a 2 day stay in the hospital here at Fort Benning, Mommy and Alaina went to Egleston Children's Hospital in Atlanta for Alaina to have surgery for pyloric stenosis. The surgery went really well but because Alaina was very young to have the procedure (usually it is done on babies 3-5 weeks old, Alaina was only 2-weeks old) and because she weighed so little, she had a longer recovery time. During all the excitement with Alaina, I got to spend a lot of time playing with my friend, Maegan. I even got to have my very first sleep-over at her house!! I was an awesome boy and on my very best behavior. Mommy and Alaina finally got home last Friday and guess what?? Mimi was in town visiting too! I was so excited to spend time with my Mimi...Mommy and Daddy definitely saw where they fell on the pecking order when she was around! We had a really fun weekend and got to play at the park, I showed Mimi my puzzles and Mommy and Daddy even got to go on a date.
While I have moments of "normal" Connor, since Alaina has been home I haven't been a very good boy around Mommy and Daddy. I like to use the word "no" a lot and temper tantrums have become a daily occurence. I really just want the kind of attention Alaina is getting. So, Mommy came up with this fun idea that I am already so excited about....a chore chart. But not just any chore chart. I get stars or hearts by every chore each day when I finish what I am supposed to and if I finish all my chores in a week, I give to pick a special surprise out of the treasure box. I also have the opportunity to earn 2 stickers every day I go to school if I get a good report from Miss Mary and Miss Alexis and the best part of all....every day I can earn a "best bee-havior" card (it has a bumblebee on it!). I get bee cards for being a good boy, following directions, listening well and making good choices. Mommy and Daddy know not to expect perfection, but we are working on it. If I get all my bee cards in a week, I get to choose from the special envelope in the treasure box. I can pick to either go out for ice cream, take a special trip to play somewhere or pick a movie on family night. These are awesome prizes because they are treats I don't get very often. I earned my first bee card last night and I was so proud of myself and bonus- Mommy and Daddy were really proud of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment