Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ice Fest 2011

We had a new experience here in the South over the past 36 hours- a blanket of ice has covered the entire Southeastern states! We could hear it raining ice a couple nights ago and when Mommy and Daddy woke up yesterday morning, their cars were under a sheet of ice an 1" thick. No one down here is prepared for any of this winter weather stuff so schools were cancelled yesterday and today. For me, that means a lot of indoor play time with Mommy because it is too icy and yucky to go outside and run out any energy.

Instead, yesterday we watched some movies, I helped Mommy with laundry, we read a few books together and when Daddy came home, we all went to the grocery store for the fastest shopping trip in Boyce Family history. The store was closing at 5 (because of the weather) and we got there a little after 4....whew we worked hard! I have become a very big helper at the grocery store. I help Daddy find things on the list and carry them back to Mommy, put them in the cart (which they call a "buggy" down here) and then I help unload the groceries onto the belt for the lady to ring us up.

I know that baby Alaina is coming soon and I try to be a big helper and practice right now any way I can. Mommy and Daddy tell me that I make them very happy when I follow directions, use good manners or am a good listener so I have turned the tables on them- when they do something good I tell them they make me very happy and I am quick to tell Mommy that "you no make me very happy at all" when I get in trouble and she has to put me in time out. But, to melt Mommy and Daddy's hearts, I stretch my arms out really wide and tell them "I love you to the moon."

No comments:

Post a Comment