Friday, January 28, 2011

She's Here!!



Baby Alaina is finally here!! When I went to school, I had no idea that Mommy was going to the doctor and by the time I got home from school and took my nap, Mommy and Daddy were at the hospital with my new baby sister. I was a little leery of her at first. I didn't want to hold her, sit near her or with Mommy on the hospital bed. I didn't want to touch her and I really just wanted to go back to my house with Gammam and Pap and not stay with Mommy and Daddy. The next day when I went to visit them, my outlook had changed and as soon as I walked in the room, I asked Mommy if I could hold baby Alaina. She said "of course you can!" and it has been love at second sight ever since. I was so proud I wore my "Big Brother" shirt to school the next day and Miss Mary and Miss Alexis were so excited for us! They can't wait to meet her!


Alaina was born on January 20, 2011 at 12:09pm. and she weighed 5 lb. 13oz. and is 19 inches long. She is very quiet and doesn't cry very much but when she is awake, she likes to look at me and I can play with her if I am gentle. I try really hard to share my toys with her, but Mommy and Daddy remind me that she is a little too little to play with toys right now. I get to hold her and kiss on her a lot though and that makes me happy.


Mommy is doing well too but she has a boo boo on her belly and I have to be careful for a little bit until we can take the bandaid off and she feels all better.

No comments:

Post a Comment