Well, has this past week been one of firsts for me! We took our vacation with Mimi and Perry to Long Beach Island in New Jersey. New place to visit AND it was the first real time in the ocean! Mommy and Daddy were so excited to go relax with a lot of sand, sun and sea. I would love to show you the pictures of this fabulous week on the Jersey Shore HOWEVER, Mommy and Daddy accidentally left their camera in the Atlanta Airport during our layover. Not a fun way to start this vacation but before I knew it, Mimi, Perry, Alaina and I were driving to the beach while Mommy, Daddy, Uncle Alex, Aunt Kiley and Perry's kids were going to Citifield to watch the Mets v. Yankees baseball game. I really wanted to go too but Daddy said it was a grown-up's only game this time.
The next morning everyone was at the beach with me and bright and early I was ready to rock and roll. To the beach it was but to everyone's surprise, I wanted nothing to do with the ocean. I spent all my time on the beach playing in the sand. Eventually by the end of the vacation, Alex and Kiley got me into the water waist deep but it wasn't long when I said "peace out" and back to the sand I stayed. Don't worry about me not going in the water, though. All the practice in the sand means I can make one mean sand castle!
We didn't just play on the beach. No, sir! One day we went to a waterpark and I went down some really big water slides. I had a blast! We also went in the lazy river and I was a happy camper as long as I could ride with Kiley. I really like her! That night we went to an amusement park and I rode my first rollercoaster. I loved it so much I rode three more times.
All in all, it was an awesome trip and I had so much fun hanging out with my new friends (what I call anyone that I like playing with). It's a shame I don't have any pictures to share with you but trust when I tell you it was a good time!
Hmmmm, Connor not liking the ocean. Not good for this old sailor.
ReplyDelete