Thursday, December 29, 2011

What Happened to Christmas?

Mommy has lots and lots of pictures to share from Christmas, but we haven't put them on our computer yet.  She will be sure to share them with you really soon!

Let's see...so Saturday was Christmas Eve.  I was so excited, I had a really tough time settling down for anything.  After I took my nap, Daddy and I showered while Mommy gave Alaina a bath and then we all got dressed in our really nice clothes and went to church.  I stayed in church with Mommy and Daddy a little bit and then asked to leave and go to my church but then a little while later Daddy came back to pick me up and take me back to grown-up church because we were lighting candles and singing Silent Night together.  I did a really good job holding my candle like a big boy and sang along with everyone else.  After we left, we picked up dinner and had a picnic while we watched Frosty the Snowman.  After Frosty, Mommy and I put out reindeer food on the front lawn and Mommy sprinkled it with magic so the reindeer knew where to land.  We left a plate of sweet ring and milk for Santa and it was off to bed.  I was so tired, it didn't take me long to fall asleep.

I woke up the next morning and waited patiently in Mommy and Daddy's room while they woke up Alaina and fed her a bottle before we all went downstairs and saw that Santa had been to our house!!  He had eaten the tea ring (and took some back to share with his elves) and drank all the milk.  He even left a note for Alaina and I.  Christmas was a lot of fun.  Alaina didn't really understand the excitement of opening presents, so I helped her a lot.  Alaina got a picnic basket and a tea set along with clothes and some books.  I got a scooter, clothes and books and a Mobigo.  It took me awhile to figure out how to use it, but once I did, I am having a blast.

Christmas didn't last long though, before I knew it all the boxes and wrapping paper were in the garbage, the toys were put away, the clothes were washed and all the decorations were put away for next year....even the tree was outside waiting for the trash.  What was the rush??  Because we had to clean up and pack our bags.  Aunt Jo and Cousin Kate were coming down the next day to stay the night with us and then we all piled into the car and drove to see Nahne and Poppi!

Since we have been in Florida, we went to see the Christmas decorations at different Disney hotels and last night Nahne and Poppi took all of us to out to eat.  Oh boy!  That was an adventure!!  We had one really good waitress!!  Today we went shopping at Downtown Disney and got some new Christmas ornaments for next year, two new coffee mugs and walked around a bunch of different stores until it started getting too crowded.  Tomorrow, we are going to the Magic Kingdom and everyone is soooo excited!!  I can't wait to tell you all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment