Well, Mommy finally realized that we haven't updated the blog since September (or something like that)!! Oops! Mommy assures me that one of her New Year's Resolutions is to stay more current on our blog and keep everyone in the loop- otherwise, what's the point of this thing, right?!?
Obviously, we can't fill you in on everything that has happened in the span of almost 4 months, but I will try and give you a recap and show you some pictures of the cool things we have been doing around lately.
October- Our class took a field trip to a pumpkin patch in Alabama. It was super cool! We took a train ride on "cows," went "swimming" in a pool of corn, played on giant haybales, bounced on inflatables and picked our own pumpkins. It was so much fun- except the car ride there and back. It got to be a little lengthy, but the trip was worth it!
Then came Halloween...Oh man, did I have a good time this year. I specifically requested a knight in shining armor and mommy was hard at work on my costume. I also asked that Alaina be the princess. She wasn't so much a "princess" exactly, more like a flower/ballerina/princess- something. We aren't quite sure what we costume turned out to be, but she looked awful cute.
In November, I don't remember doing a whole lot but I know we were really excited about Thanksgiving! The entire month we added leaves to our "Grateful Tree" to remind us of all the things we have to be thankful for; like monster trucks, milk, cookies, falling leaves, friends, the letter 'v' (and yes, these are some of Connor's actual leaves), and Dakota. I also had a Thankful Feast at my school. Last year, my class dressed up as pilgrims and this year we were little indian boys and girls. We sang songs on stage, including my favorite, Mr. Turkey (ask me to sing it for you sometime!) and then had a really yummy Turkey dinner. Even Alaina pigged out on mashed potatoes and some pumpkin pie.
And that brings us right up to December. Next holiday on the list, Jesus' Birthday, of course! We have been talking about Santa but whenever someone asks me what is coming up, I answer with "Jesus' Birthday!" We have a countdown (Mommy calls it an Advent Calendar) and I get to open up an envelope every day with something cool inside. So far, some of the fun things have been setting up the Nativity scene (Mommy set up the grown-up one and I got to play with the kid one), making and hanging snowflakes in the windows, decorating the tree (can I just tell you this was the MOST fun!!!!), going to see Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens with my friends, writing a letter to Santa, baking with Mommy....and the month isn't even half over yet!!! Needless to say, we have been staying really busy so far this winter.
OH- and for Alaina (just to update you on her too), she is now weighing in at 16 pounds and crawls everywhere and very, very fast. She pulls herself up to standing and is starting to walk along the furniture. She can say "mama", "dada", and "bubba". She shakes her head "no" and feeds herself a ton of foods. Oh, and she just had her first tooth pop out. Big girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment