I have written in the past about the generosity and support that I have found in the community. A community who tries so hard to help us families deal with a really tough situation, deploying parents. The havoc is wrecks on families but how amazing these families are to continue to stand tall, keep the home fire burning and "soldier on." I know I just used a ton of cliches but it is what we do. We fight. We fight for normalcy. We fight for family. We fight for consistency and trying to provide stability for our children in an incredibly unstable environment of moves, deployments, trainings, etc.
One of the organizations that helps kids cope is calls the Operation Kid Comfort, run through the YMCA. This group of volunteers, gives their time, their resources and their love to make handmade quilts for the children of deployed Soldiers. You must send in pictures of your child with the parent and they do the rest. We just got our quilts back last week and they are beautiful. They even come with a really sweet letter about how the child can use the quilt to cover them when they are scared, wipe their tears when they are sad and take the quilt wherever they need to.
No comments:
Post a Comment