Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday Movie Night

Friday and Saturday night's can be lonely ones.  They are "date" days or nights spent together as a family.  They are the "unwinding evenings".  No sports or practices and with Alaina's bedtime still being relatively early, it is digging into the Mommy Bag O' Tricks to help pass these hours.

Most people who know me know that I love Pinterest.  I mean, I really love Pinterest.  If you see me have a cute or neat idea, even though I credit myself as being a fairly creative person, chances are, the inspiration came from Pinterest.  With that said, about a year ago I saw this really cute pin about some parents who were helping their kids get excited and count down the weeks until their first Disney vacation by having Disney-themed movie nights.  First of all, I said to myself, who need help getting excited for Disney?!?  I mean, seriously.  Then I started thinking about what a cute idea that would be for my family.  We have tried these themed movie nights in the past but it kept becoming a scheduling challenge.  I like to do Friday nights and so we started with that but Ben was getting home at weird times and while he wanted to be included in the fun, it was hard to start a movie after he got home and have the kids still awake for the end sometimes.  Then we tried to move it to Sunday nights and that was okay.....until football season started ;).

But, we are back to Friday Movie Night!!  We got into jammies as soon as Connor got off the bus.  While I was making dinner, the kiddos made a special movie night craft- Lion masks.  Super fun!!  Alaina is finally at the age where she is now enjoying arts and crafts as much as Connor so this made it fun to listen to and watch the two of them work together, help each other and have their little creative minds running.
After the art projects were finished, I let the kids start watching the movie while I finished up dinner.  Tonight we had cub nuggets (homemade chicken nuggets), Scar Slices (sweet potato chips) and Hakuna-Ma-Peaches.  Yep...just naming the foods silly names that fit in with the theme was a crack-up!!  For dessert, paw cookies.  Now, it is snuggles and finishing up the movie.  I'd say, this is the most perfect Friday night.  Oh, and you want to know what's on the marquee for next week?!?  Guess you'll have to check in next Friday to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment