Just like we had a week of big events, it would only be fitting at Gammam and Pap's last day here visiting would also be eventful.
First thing in the morning, we were up and at 'em at the crack of dawn and no, we did not partake in Black Friday. We did, however, make a super quick pit stop at the mall. Only because I completely forgot one whole bag of merchandise I had purchased at a store on Wednesday :/. Back in the car, lickity split and we were off to Sackett's Harbor. Sackett's is a nice place to take visitors to check out because it is so beautiful and has a lot of neat history (War of 1812 and for any American Girl fans, Caroline is from Sackett's.) This time of year is different because most of the city is shut down or operating on winter hours, but my very favorite breakfast spot, Tin Pan Galley opened their doors at 8:00am. for post-Thanksgiving breakfast and we were first in line.
After breakfast, we stopped on the way home to get a Christmas tree. It has been Ben's and my tradition to go get our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving for the past 6 years. Last year we made a really fun day of it and cut our own tree. For obvious reasons, I did not take the kids to cut down our own Christmas tree this year but really wanted a fairly small tree that I could manage all on my own when the time came to chuck that sucker out. Connor picked out the most perfect little tree for our house. It fits beautifully- I love it! Connor was also adamant about putting the angel on the top. The tree topper is usually a job reserved for Ben but Ben made it very clear to Connor that he was the "man of the house" while Ben was away and so Connor wanted very much to have that job for himself, with a little grown-up help.
And of course, it is Friday which means Friday Night Movie Night. I know you have been on pins and needles waiting to find out what was on the marquee this week. In Thanksgiving fashion....Pocahontas. Complete with roasted chicken and squash, corn and barley. I bet you can't wait to see what I have in store for December using the Christmas theme ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment