Like I said yesterday, some days are elaborate and crazy activities for Advent and some days are much more low-key but then you have days like today. Days that have a whole category all on their own. The day of the Nativity. It is one of those days on the Advent calendar that as we talk about it in our house, we try and emphasize the magnitude of the birth of Jesus and how important it is during Christmas. I have really beautiful "grown up" Nativity set that I love, but since moving to this new house in New York, I have not found a good, out-of-Alaina's reach spot to put it.
Tradition for the Nativity is to read the story of the birth of Jesus. Now, I know I should be reading from the Bible but I have a really wonderful Precious Moments book that tells the story of the birth that I just adore. It is simple and straightforward....perfect for little ears that soak up pretty pictures as well as the story.
After we finish the story then we get out our Little People Nativity set and play act the story. This year, I also made a little wooden set that turned out pretty cute and can fit nice and neat into a little box at the end of the day.
What a sweet idea.
ReplyDelete